The 4th September came around, and I entered the doors of Antelle to be greeted by Tony, who proceeded to show me around the office, especially the tea and coffee area and my workspace. Following this brief introduction, he took me into his office and told me the broad plan for my time here, as well as my first week’s task.
You may have noticed things have changed around the blog and the entire Antelle website. I’m not entirely sure what iteration of it we are on but I’m very happy with how things have turned out.
There are a few things that I’ve worked with since beginning work at Antelle that feel too “big” to describe with any sort of justice. Not unless I could hold your attention for a short novel of a blog post, despite that, I’ll give as abridged a summary as I can.
A few weeks ago I had the genuine pleasure of working with an aspiring developer who joined us for a week of work experience as part of his preparation for his University travels and to help build his experience with the Umbraco CMS and the C# Language.
Since the last blog post there has been some nice progress on where I feel I am, with several Umbraco Projects close to completion I've been left to do more revising and more in-depth learning with C# in preparation for taking on the Microsoft C# Exam for a rematch.
It's been a pretty long time and things have moved along and like every gap in between blog posts I'm more experienced, I'm older and (allegedly) wiser.
There have been things to be disappointed about, namely exam results. However since my last Blog Post I've had some time to work through a few projects and learn some key lessons.
Hi, my Name's Kerri. I'm the brains behind the app you've most likely just come from and if you haven't you can find it [here]. I've called it 'Font Imager' for lack of a better name (I'm a programmer, not a product designer), but before I discuss how I built it, let me introduce you to why I built it.
It has been a couple of months since my inaugural entry to this blog and since then I have accomplished a couple of things. I've approached Web APIs and MVC in asp.net, which I was able to use to program a wordsearch generator and I've most recently I was tasked with creating a web service to turn an icon webfont into a somewhat customisable package of png images.