Devise an MIS suite of applications to assist with the day to day analysis, transactional and reporting requirements for the new TransSend venture. The solution should where possible be supplier neutral and be capable of being rapidly extended.
Users need to a variety of ways of accessing the information in a format that is both accessible and meaningful to them and the task they need to accomplish.
To meet the client's requirements, we first designed a "Common Cards Database" to centralise all transactional information. A custom Windows Service acted as a framework around a "Black Box" application. The Windows Service is vendor neutral with all vendor specified data import functions wrapped within the "Black Box". This approach allows for further "Black Boxes" to be added in as and when required.
The Common Cards Database can be accessed via a variety of methods:
- Cards Intranet Site - IIS based ASP.Net website, implements advanced AJAX functionality to provide the end users with the optimal user experience. This intranet site has been designed to extensible and allow for adding additional functionality with relative ease.
- Several secured SQL Views of the data for the users to perform ad-hoc queries within Excel etc.
- Financials / Sun Accounts Integration. Custom Excel plug-in was developed to take the financials, transforming into a format suitable for importing directly into Sun Accounts
Going forward a suite of Microsoft Reporting Services will also be provided to complete the custom MIS requirements of the new venture.
Antelle IT were our service provider of choice to develop an MIS Database that centralised all of our transactional information. Having been provided with a basic requirements specification, Antelle developed and implemented software which has proven robust and automated processes that has greatly reduced manual reconciliation times. The intellectual and flexible approach to this project by Antelle staff has ensured that a successful delivery was completed both punctually and within budget.
John Tottenham, Chief Operating Officer
- Data Conversion
- Database Design
- Management Reporting
- Analysis and System Design
- Setup and Distribution Kit
- Custom Controls and Libraries
- Microsoft ASP .Net
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office Automation
- Microsoft Reporting Services
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual Basic .Net
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Windows Service Application